Thursday, May 29, 2008

Golf Outing :: Forest Park Golf Course with Jon and Papa G


This golf outing was a couple weeks ago. In preparation for the state golf tournament, where Jon was going to compete, we went golfing at Forest Park. Jon and I are in the picture above with the Art Museum in the background. Our tee time was at 6:32 a.m. Of course, we started playing around 6 a.m. (Got to love Papa G) It was a little soggy on the course but a beautiful day. Jon beat me on the front nine but I came back and beat him by a stroke on the back with a 36. The greens were in great condition.



For the first time in my life I heard bag pipes while playing a round of golf. It was pretty neat and made me feel like I was in Scotland. We'll have to think about getting a bagpiper for the Fred Farmer 4th of July Classic. Overall, I'm glad we woke up so early and had a memorable experience on the course.

No comments: